SAG Awards 2016 full winners list as Leonardo DiCaprio, Brie Larson and Idris Elba win big

Leonardo DiCaprio, Brie Larson and Idris Elba were the big winners at the 22nd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Hollywood actor Leo trumped British hopeful Eddie Redmayne for the best male actor award for his performance as a fur trapper in revenge epic The Revenant.
He was hugged by his Titanic co-star Kate Winslet on his way up to the stage, where he said: "I am truly humbled by this because it comes from my fellow actors.

"When I was 15 I was lucky enough to get a film called This Boy's Life and after that I watched as many films as I could and it gave me a such a respect for this craft.
"I was in awe of the performances and I was inspired. To any young actors, I encourage you to watch the history of cinema because we stand on the shoulders of giants."

He added: "My parents, thank you for listening to an overly ambitions, slightly annoying 13-year-old kid who wanted to go on auditions after school, I would not be here without you."
Brie Larson was presented with the award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a leading role for Room.
Addressing the members of the guild, she said: "When I was born I was worried I was unlovable and your movies made me feel less alone and made me feel it was a safe place to explore my creativity."
British star Idris Elba won the supporting actor SAG Award for Beasts of No Nation in a rebuke to the all-white Oscar nominations, along with a second award for his role in Luther in the TV movie/miniseries category.
"We made a film about real people and real lives," he said in his acceptance speech at the Shrine Auditorium. "Thank you for giving this film some love."

Comments