Kim K.: I'm the luckiest girl in the world

For Kim Kardashian, the third engagement really is the charm. The 33-year-old reality star has gushed that the father of her child and now-fiancé, Kanye West, pulled off a proposal this week that swept her off her feet. "I am the luckiest girl in the world!" Kardashian said to E!, which airs her family's reality series, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." "I get to marry my best friend!" West and Kardashian have known each other for years, as West told Kardashian matriach Kris Jenner on her talk show in August, and for the Grammy- winning rapper it was love at first sight. "I was in love with her before I even got to talk to her," West, 36, said. "Being in the limelight, you have to have a match, or someone that's equally yoked. It's difficult, because there's people that you would date who would try to date you to maybe be more famous, or people who would want you to be less famous than you were, and just not accept who you are in life. And when I would be on the phone with (Kim), even at my lowest moments, she'd give me energy and remind me of who I was." After dating publicly for a little over a year and welcoming their first child together, daughter North, in June, West popped the question on Kardashian's 33rd birthday Monday. The artist set up an elaborate surprise at San Francisco's AT&T Park, which he rented out for the proposal and filled with Kardashian's close friends and family members. Kardashian's mom knew what 'Ye was up to, as he'd asked her for her blessing. So on Monday, the artist got down on one knee and proposed as his question flashed on the arena's jumbotron: "PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!" And that wasn't all: a 50-piece orchestra played Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful" followed by West's own song with Keri Hilson, "Knock You Down," with the whole extravaganza being topped off with fireworks. Accepting West's 15-carat Lorraine Schwartz sparkler, Kardashian responded to his proposal with an enthusiastic "YES!!!"

Comments