How many of you think we don't have potential poets in Nigeria well, here is a wonderful piece from a young Nigerian

</> patience, i thought i understood. your heavy weight on my shoulders supposed to teach me a lesson. your repeated whispers are supposed to comfort me and calm me down. but i am about ready to throw you out the window. i have been with you patience, since the day i was born. you cradled me in your arms raising me, teaching me. when the yelling and beating started, you would shield my eyes playing a lullaby until i fell asleep. when the girls came along, you held my hand. when the girls broke my heart, you kissed the tears away. patience, your lessons are complete bullshit. patience, i wait for her night and day with no word. and what am i gaining from this? ribs that are cracking and a throat too tight to breathe. i love her, patience, but what am i to do? i squeeze you, hoping that your words become true, that one day she will be here. patience, i am ready to give up this pain is too great but patience, you know, don't you? that i can't...not yet and i aint gonna give up. I still believe you a virtue!!!! PATIENCE#

Comments